September 04, 2016

Summer Favourites


So summer has come and passed, and we are officially approaching autumn.. How exciting!! This past summer has been such a lovely one, but it is time to hail in the new season of woolly jumpers, cardigans and trench coats. But before that I just thought I would share a few of my most loved products that have lasted me the past few months. :)


I've owned these pair of Tiffany & Co sunglasses for about a year now, and although they were extremely dear when I purchased these, I love them to bits and can't go on a holiday without it! It's a lovely tortoiseshell design with gold accents on the sides, the lenses have a gradient brown effect and they provide 100% UV protection. And I can't emphasise the importance of having proper UV eye protection enough! I remember them costing about £220 but honestly they are worth every penny and a good investment as this is such a timeless piece of accessory.

I also got myself a new swimsuit set this summer for those beach days, and this one's from Quiksilver. Oh gosh these were pricey, but as the brand is known for their surf and water sports products, these were extremely flattering on the body and so comfortable too.. consider it an investment!


I've also been loving the natural bronzed look, especially when I want to look like I've caught a summer tan. I've been using my Innisfree Mineral Single Shadow in 07 Matte (Affogato Brown) and on lazy or more laid back days I apply it over my entire eyelid to create a easy and natural eye look. I've also been using my Laguna Bronzing Powder from my Nars One Shocking Moment Cheek Studio Palette for a bit of contour.


Since over summer I was constantly under the sun, I had to make sure I got enough UV protection from the sun rays. I've been loving my Dior UV Shield with SPF 50++ - it didn't leave my skin feeling greasy and dried to a matte finish, and does the job well so what more can I say?

Also, just recently, I've started wearing highlighter for the first time ever..!! I never used to wear highlighter as I've always had combination/oily skin and never thought it'd do anything but make my skin look even shinier.. but Sophie had recently gifted me a ton of Benefit products for my birthday, including the Benefit High Beam. I've been trying this out over the past few weeks and using a limited amount on my cheek bones each time... and I gotta say I'm really pleasantly surprised! It's easy to control the amount you want to apply onto your face because the brush tip is small and precise (oh god I just can't seem to get powder highlighter right at the mo..) and it's given my face just an extra but subtle glow! I do plan on venturing out into powder highlighter in the future, but as of now, I'm definitely sticking to this trusty little one!

I've also started to get into the habit of wearing a fragrance these days.. I've been loving this Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet fragrance, and it's extra special to me as Chris got me it as a lovely surprise when he was on his way back from a friend's stag do. :) It is an uplifting and refreshing scent and so it's been perfect to wear over the past few months of summer.

It's kind of sad that summer is actually coming to an end now but I'm also looking forward to going back to uni and transitioning into the autumn season! I love the colder months for wearing dark lips and layering up!

Kayleigh x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kayleigh Makes Up
Maira Gall